Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Allow yourself to be a beginner. No one starts off being excellent.

 
The last few days I've gotten sidetracked, with (well) LIFE.  Ever felt like a ping pong ball bouncing all over the place?  That is how the past week has been, for me.  I’m not complaining.  It’s just that time of year when everyone comes out of winter hibernation and there are more activities and events going on.   And so it begins, my busy time of year, and it's only just begun.

This blog has taken a back seat to the additional happenings going on, in my world.  Naturally I was concerned that I had begun a project that I wouldn’t be able to maintain.  Boy how I wish I could be one of those people who finds time to do it all.  There are so many bloggers out there, why can’t I be as disciplined as them and make time?

Today, I saw a saying and suddenly decided to write.  “Allow yourself to be a beginner.  No one starts off being excellent.”  Any guilt or doubt I had about not being able to post recently, seemed to subside and all my ideas came back into view.
I’m so hard on myself sometimes, a character flaw, I suppose.   I need to step back and realize, I’m a beginner at this.   I started this blog a week ago, to challenge myself and see if I still knew how to write.  I want to learn the ins and outs of blogging and how to incorporate my blog, into social media.  It is strictly a personal challenge, nothing else.   Who knows where it will take me?  

If this is my best right now, it’s ok.  If life happens again and it will, I won’t get down on myself and give up.  I will wait until I have a moment to write my next kick ass post.  It will just have to be good enough; I’m a beginner after all.  I’ve got plenty of time to be excellent and believe me, I will be, just give it time.

No comments:

Post a Comment