Thursday, May 2, 2013

“I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it’s the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important thing in a person.” - Audrey Hepburn


 
There are some people in life that make you laugh a little louder, smile a little brighter and live a little better.  The older I become, the more I understand the importance of surrounding yourself with these individuals.  For me, I enjoy spending time with others who don’t take themselves or anything around them too serious.

Audrey Hepburn had it right when she said, “I love people who make me laugh.  I honestly think it’s the thing I like most, to laugh.  It cures a multitude of ills.  It’s probably the most important thing in a person.”   I couldn’t agree more.  Laughter is positively the answer to MY happiness.

Recently, I have decided to get rid of the damaging clutter in my mind, which I have been hoarding for years.   I am determined to stop using my energy thinking or distressing about the undesirable people and experiences that I have no control over.   It’s not that I don’t care any longer or love those folks; it’s just that I love myself MORE.

Ever since I have made this transformation, I have had various new friends come into my life.  It has been said that our attitude towards others determines attitudes towards us.  So, maybe it’s my change that has brought this on?   I know certain people seem to bring out the positive and make me laugh more than others.  Currently my friends do that.  I seem to constantly be laughing with them.  I have had many new experiences that have been nothing but entertaining.  I value these people, in my life, because they make me laugh.

Don’t misunderstand me, I have laughed throughout life and found a sense of humor to be a treasured commodity.  It’s what attracted me to my husband, it’s what  has gotten me through being a parent and as a kid I was always the one to pee my pants because I laughed too much.  Laugher is what has kept me going.  I have always cherished laughing; it brings out the best in me.  I find it to be one of the best qualities a person can have.
 
Life does go in stages and friends come and go.  So for now, I plan to cherish the relationships I have.   I will laugh until my stomach hurts, laugh until I cry, laugh until milk comes out of my nose, laugh when I’m not supposed to and laugh until I pee my pants.  Maybe I’ll become one of those people who makes someone else laugh?

No comments:

Post a Comment